M E N U
June 26, 1919 -- "The Dawn of a New Day" in Hamilton, Ohio, the Calahan and Reed Development Company advertises the availability of lots in Highland Park. Dial 1600 for more information.
June 2, 1922 -- The Hamilton Daily News reports that home delivery of U. S. mail has been approved for Highland Park.
June 20, 1923 -- A party at the home of Reverend W. F. Kissel very nearly is spoiled when theives partake of the Reverend's ice cream from his back porch.
July 28, 1924 -- The horse of Miss Helen Woodruff, daughter of Judge Robert S. Woodruff, slips on the sloping curbs of Highland Park. Scraped and sprained, Miss Woodruff is expected to recover. No word on the horse.
October 22, 1924 -- Highland Park forms its first armed posse.
May 25, 1926 -- Land between Cereal and Halidmand Avenues is chosen as the site for the future Fort Hamilton Hospital.
August 2, 1926 -- Children of Marcia and Dick Avenues throw a benefit circus on the lawn of Ernst Heiser. Tickets are a penny each and drinks, candy and popcorn are sold. Nearly $20 is raised and donated to the Kiddies Health Camp Fund.
October 4, 1928 -- Wm. F. Conradt & Son, "Builders of Better Homes," advertise their services in the Hamilton Evening Journal. The display ad prominently features 917 Virginia Avenue designed by local architect Frederick Mueller .
February 3, 1932 -- Walter Rentschler of 716 Gray Avenue reports the theft of his LaSalle coupe from the corner of Monument Avenue and Court Street.
September 5, 1932 -- The Highland Park Croquet Club throws an end-of-season picnic on the lawn of Mr. and Mrs. Elmer Kraus of Emerson Avenue. Club champion Elmer Kraus receives a golden horseshoe. Womens champion Mrs. Drew Webster receives an engraved silver loving cup. Charles Dixon receives a medal of recognition for his work as score keeper.
September 24, 1932 -- Mr. and Mrs. Marshall Barker of Emerson Avenue entertain four tables of bridge.
October 19, 1932 -- The Hamilton Daily News reports that police are on the look-out for Charles Blumenthal's Persion cat recently on the lamb from 619 Dick Avenue.
June 18, 1934 -- The board of the Y. W. C. A. meets at the home of Mrs. Robert Sohngen, 303 Dick Avenue. Ices and cakes are served.
April 13, 1935 -- The Hamilton Daily News Journal reports that the Burns' apricot and peach trees at 917 Virginia Avenue are fully in bloom.
November 16, 1935 -- The Blumenthals of 619 Dick Avenue throw an elegant Chinese-theme party and midnight supper.
January 4, 1936 -- The Baden boys of 668 "work like Trojans" to clear drifting snow from the center of Emerson Avenue.
March 12, 1936 -- During a heavy snowstorm, Mrs. Louis Sauer of 601 Emerson Avenue drives into Patrolman Levi Justice at the intersection of Main and B Streets. No citations are issued. Patrolman Justice returns to duty the next day.
June 3, 1936 -- Children of Marcia Avenue petition Hamilton City Council for the right to play in Virginia Park.